December 3, 2013

Rod Carew -- Hall of Fame 1991















Acquired: TTM
Sent: 11/7/13
Received: 11/29/13
Turnaround: 22 days
Submittal: $10 (he returned my $), ROMLB, LOR, SASE
My request: Blue pen, sweet spot, HOF inscription
Commentary: Apparently, Rod Carew is the nicest guy in the world. To my knowledge, he does not sign TTM. Yet, he did for me probably due to a unique set of circumstances. On July 4th, my wife and I were standing outside of Angel Stadium while waiting on another couple to join us. At a certain point, I nudged my wife and said, "I think that's Rod Carew!". Turns out it was. In fact, he was walking around outside The Big A like a civilian and everyone else seemed too busy to notice. Months later, I dropped a ball in the mail as well as two ticket stubs to demonstrate that, indeed, I had truly been at the game. I don't know why exactly, but I also added $10 in cash. The end result is that Rod Carew signed the ball, signed a ticket stub, and returned my money. I had only requested the ball to be signed. Because it was such a surprise, this has been the best TTM success thus far for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment