December 15, 2013

Bob Feller -- Hall of Fame 1962

Acquired: Foundation Purchase
Purchase Date: 11/5/13
Received: 11/12/13
Turnaround: 7 days
Commentary: Even though Bob Feller passed away three years ago, a stockpile of his autographed baseballs remains available for sale. I made this purchase online through the Bob Feller Museum. This marks the first time I have outright purchased an autographed baseball for my collection. It's also my first acquisition from a deceased player. The Venn diagram below summarizes the motivation behind my purchase. But really, the decision was a no-brainer. As an added note, the ball and the autograph are in excellent condition. This is a real plus when you consider there's no way of knowing for sure how long ago Bob Feller signed this ball. 



No comments:

Post a Comment