April 17, 2014

Red Schoendienst -- Hall of Fame 1989

















Acquired: Private Signing
Promoter: Tom Orr
Signing Date: 4/8/14
Submittal: $35 check, ROMLB, SASE
My Request: Sweet spot, blue pen, HOF inscription
Commentary: I recently connected with Tom Orr for my first autographed ball obtained via private signing. I was pleased with that outcome -- an autographed Ozzie Smith ball. As a result, I utilized Orr once again for another Cardinal Hall of Famer, Red Schoendienst. 
Schoendienst is currently 91 years-old, yet his signature remains clean and not shaky. I have now obtained autographed balls from two members of the 1989 Hall of Fame class; first Johnny Bench and now Schoendienst. Yaz -- who is accessible but not cheap -- represents the final piece of the puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment