February 1, 2014

Tony La Russa -- Hall of Fame 2014




















Acquired: TTM via Foundation
Sent: 1/10/14
Received: 1/31/14
Turnaround: 21 days
Submittal: $50 check, ROMLB, LOR, return envelope. I was instructed not to include postage on my return envelope.
My request: Blue pen, sweet spot, HOF inscription
Charity: ARF -- Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation
Commentary: I obtained this successful outcome through Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation, or ARF. Shortly after Tony La Russa had been elected to the Hall of Fame by the Veterans' Committee, I contacted Kathleen at ARF through its website. A formal process had not been put in place yet for submissions, so I e-mailed an inquiry. Kathleen quoted a price of $50 which includes an autograph and the HOF inscription. On one hand, this is the second highest I have ever paid for a Hall of Fame autograph through the mail. On the other hand, the price is reasonable and even understandable in light of La Russa's recent induction and the subsequent media exposure. Overall, the ball looks great, especially with the double inscriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment