November 25, 2013

Tommy Lasorda -- Hall of Fame 1997














Acquired: TTM
Sent: 10/29/13
Received: 11/8/13
Turnaround: 10 days
Submittal: $20, ROMLB, LOR, SASE
My request: Blue pen, sweet spot, HOF inscription
Commentary: Overall, this was a successful submission with a fast turnaround. Having lived in Orange County as recently as July, I have seen Lasorda charge $80 to sign at local appearances. From that standpoint, landing an autograph through the mail for $20 is a win. As for the downside, this submission marks the first time I did not receive exactly what I specified. Intentionally -- or not -- Tommy overlooked my request for a HOF inscription. Generally speaking, I do not get too excited about pursuing HOF balls from former managers, but I pursued Tommy in part for sentimental reasons. I spent a lot of time in Dodger Stadium from 2008 to 2013. When I had good seats, I always saw Tommy Lasorda there. I think he attends every game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment